Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hoy Curse

We have read about many curses out there in blog land. I believe I might need to add one more. This isn't a curse about winning the Hoy. No, this goes way deeper than that. I must have a curse to even cash in this thing. I realize that I don't play in it much; but recently, I have made a couple of deep runs ending in.... nothing, zilch, the big goose egg, nada, no soup for you, zero. I guess you get the idea.

A couple of weeks ago, I fought through a field of 83 only to finish exactly on the bubble. Last night, things seem to be going just right. I lost chips real early; but then began my chip gathering and by the first break, I was in the lead. I stayed in the lead for a while; but lost it close to the second break; but I was still top 5.

Things were just going right. I employed a little of my SATM strategy since I had chips. Again, this is something that I am not very good at; but will keep on trying to improve on.

Anyway, 75 runners, 8 get paid and I didn't bubble; but close enough as I finished 11th. So, again, a deep run at the MATH; but nothing to show for it. I'm pretty sure that I can't get away from the last hand.



Full Tilt Poker Mondays at the Hoy No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t300/t600 Blinds + t75 - 6 players

The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter
BB: t7891
Hero (UTG): t16868
MP: t27372
CO: t8065
BTN: t21430
SB: t22638

Pre Flop: Hero is UTG with J A
Hero raises to t2550, 2 folds, BTN calls t2550, 2 folds

Flop: (t6450) K A 9 (2 players)

Hero checks, BTN bets t6450, Hero raises to t14243 all in, BTN calls t7793

Turn: (t34936) 3

River: (t34936) 5

Final Pot: t34936

Hero shows Jh As (a pair of Aces)
BTN shows 9c 9s (three of a kind, Nines)
BTN wins t34936


Any thoughts?

One could say that JackAce from UTG is not the best thing to play; even 6 handed. For sure, the check on the flop was bad as perhaps if I led out and he pushed, I could get away from it. I doubt it though. As we all know, it just really stinks to go deep and not even cash.

Also, at the time, there was a clear break between the top 8 people and the bottom 3. There was a bunch of us huddled at around 17K and then the bottom 3 were around 8K. With the Blinds at 300/600 75, does that change anything on the above hand?

Congrats to corron10.

OH well. Maybe next time.

I did play about 600 hands of the micro limit NL again last night at a clip of 17.75 bb/100 so the good news is that I am continuing to run well there. Hopefully, things will continue on with that.

I'm still trying to figure out what are good stats or should I say normal stats for NL 6 max. Last night I was 25/15/2.48 which is pretty close to what I have been all this month in my 2700 hands ( 25.83/15.72/2.41). Any thoughts on those stats?

That should do it for now.

Have a nice day!

No comments:

Who links to my website?