Monday, June 29, 2009

Headsup

So, I'm getting ready to call it quits on Friday. I was down a bit (maybe 1 1/2 buyins) for the night. I'm just looking around and I see that the #1 50NL PL (according to pokertable ratings) players is still playing and has an open seat. The only problem is that he only plays Heads Up. No secret that I'm not a heads up expert (even though I did win a blogger headsup challenge once upon a time); but why not play the best eh? After a couple dozen hands, I can see why this guy is successful. Pretty much unbridled aggression. His stats are:

65/58/4.7 - 3 bets 30% folds to 3 bet 35 and Cbets 91%.

The question of the day is how do you combat this? Do you play back with aggression? Do you play more passively? Leave me a comment with your thoughts.

I went with the more passive approach. I was aggressive preflop; but normally called as I 3 bet only about 20%.

Anyway, it was working as I picked off many bluffs on the river. Unfortunately, I lost 2 big hands and lost 2 buyins. I did, however, make up the 2 buyins playing others.

Well, that got my interest and was back to the heads up tables on Saturday. Ooops. Down 8 buyins. I've made back about 3 of them since then. I may continue to see if I can make it back. I know this game is a bad game at these limits as the rake just eats you up; but I'll keep at it for a while as 3 out of the top 5 players for the month are heads up players.

I also had bronchitis this weekend which also make things not so fun. Oh well, what are you going to do.

Have a nice day!!!

1 comment:

Memphis MOJO said...

Sorry about the bronchitis.

Who links to my website?