Friday, October 14, 2005

5 Years

Not much to report today... I've been grinding away at Caribbean Sun to get to their monthend 200K freeroll. The requirements were 2000 CPC points... which I thought to be raked hands. My plan was just to play the low limit (1/2) tables to build up the points. What I failed to realize was that you didn't get a CPC point unless the rake was $1 or more... otherwise you only got 1/4 pt. No big deal, I just moved up to the 3/6 or 5/10 games.. There is not a whole lot of selection there. For some reason, I thought the Crypto sites were a little larger. Anyway, I was forced on occasion to play the 6Max games and that has been very -EV for me. I have adapted a little and I am doing much better... but sheesh.... those games seem to like them drawing donkeys... Yikes.. Last night in particular at the 5/10 6Max.. Practically every hand (and I mean about 80%) was getting raised and 3 betted both preflop and on the flop... and the things these people were raising with made my head spin... On hand... it makes want to stay around and make them pay for raising with Q2 soooted UTG... and calling three bets with K4o... but when they river flushes, it just plain makes you want to ........ you get the idea... I finally hit a hand and was up a little and just left... wow, what a relief... I went back to my safe haven of 10Max... Much better although it was quite the roller coaster ride... My last hand was for a pot over $200 which is 20BB for 5/10 land and I quit (my flopped 2 pair boated on river). I wish I could have seen what the other two were calling and raising with.

Anyway, the 5 years title doesn't relate to poker. It is actually my 5 year wedding anniversary today. I can truly say that it has been the best 5 years of my life with an extra exclamation point on the last almost 2 years with Baby Wonka. I am truly blessed to have found such a great person. To tell you the truth, I don't how she has put up with me for the past 5 years... I believe sainthood may be in her future.... Anyway... Mrs Wonka... yagb... and I hope to many, many more anniversaries with you...

Now, back to the regularly scheduled program... due to the above, there will be no poker tonight as we are dropping baby Wonka off at the grandparents and are actually going to dinner. It will be strange eating without baby Wonka as the saying is true that you don't really remember what it is like before kids..

This Party Poker Bad Beat thing is getting crazy. I normally stay clear of these due to the higher rake... but it is worth a shot now... How cool would that be?

Have a great weekend... Another good football weekend with Notre Dame/USC on Saturday and Dallas/NY Giants on Sunday with the Rams crucifixion to happen on Monday Night.

2 comments:

TripJax said...

Congrats on the 5 year gig man. I knew you couldn't leave that tid bit out of the blog. The wifey's love that stuff.

Littleacornman said...

Happy Anniversary Will.Congrats to your and your Missus.

Who links to my website?