Thursday, November 30, 2006

Couldn't Stay Away

Well, is anybody surprised that I couldn't stay away. While things have changed on the home front, I'm still getting my poker in and as long as I am awake late at night, I'm going to try and keep up with the blogging.

To make things worse (probably); I'm going to again attempt to qualify for the Full Tilt Iron Man Challenge for December. I'm going to go about it differently than I have in the past. Instead of almost exclusively playing ring games, I'm going the other direction and I am going back focusing on SNGs (ala my SNG Fest that I did way back in July of 2005). This accomplishes a couple of things. I get back to playing SNGs which I really enjoy; however, this time around I am going to start at the $33+3 Turbo level (as opposed to the $50+5 levels like last time).

I may search or come up with a schedule for possible moving up if and when I get to a certain level... whatever that might be. At the $33 level, it will take about 10 a day which is certainly not out of the question even given the time constraints.

I might also look into some SNG tools this time around such as SNG Power Tools. I may or may not use sharkscope. I'm not sure that it is worth it. Has anybody used these tools or any others with any success?

I started warming up the last week of November playing 35 SNGs with a little success (51.43 ITM and a 45.47% ROI). Those numbers are of course not sustainable; but we will see how it goes.

One thing with doing a SNG Challenge, it will be easy to blog if I use the same type template that I used last time. I probably won't update daily like last time as I am still in the poker doghouse with Mrs Wonka. She hasn't taken my keyboard and mouse lately and hidden it so it must be better.

So not much to say really other than I couldn't stay away.

By the way, for any of you Mid Westerners out there, this weather is just crazy... 71 one day and the next day it sleets 1/2 inch and then we are supposed to get 5.9 inches of snow tonight. Crazy!!!!

Peace!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you still blogging Wonka man.

cmitch said...

Nice to see you back. I'm looking forward to following your SNG progress.

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I use sharkscope and find it helpful. It quickly allows me to locate the fish and the sharks at the table.

Who links to my website?