Thursday, July 03, 2008

Bring Back June

Wow.. July has started off with a blast. I'm down a little over 7 buyins. I don't know what it is about the beginning of the month; but YIKES!!!! I do have to admit that I wasn't playing my best poker as I was a little distracted with some things while I was playing. With the beginning of the month, many of the poker sites are putting out my promotion type things. Alan has already talked about some of it including Poker Stars. Full Tilt has its normal Iron Man stuff going on along with the mid year bonus thing that was just completed. Finally, Absolute Poker has completely redone their loyalty program. For anybody left still playing there, it's not too bad and it kind of resembles Poker Stars. This is what I was reading while I was playing 6 tables and trying to read the Internet while playing 6 tables usually doesn't end well with me.

Take a look at the hand below. I mean what was I thinking? Of course I have to call the raise (I think). One could say I played this wrong on every street except preflop.


Absolute Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BTN: $40.55
SB: $80.07
Hero (BB): $48.50
UTG: $20.78
MP: $102.95
CO: $89.80

Pre Flop: Hero is BB with 6h Kd
2 folds, CO calls $0.50, 1 fold, SB calls $0.25, Hero checks

Flop: ($1.50) 5d 4d Kc (3 players)
SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50

Turn: ($3.00) 3d (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, CO calls $1.50, SB folds

River: ($6.00) Ad (2 players)
Hero bets $4, CO raises to $18, Hero raises to $46 all in, CO calls $28

Final Pot: $98.00
Hero shows 6h Kd (Flush, ace high)
CO shows 2d 2c (Straight flush, five)
CO wins $94.50
(Rake: $3.50)

For whatever reason during the time that I had to think about it, I couldn't put him on a 2 of diamonds; but after looking back, it is not too far off. One really bad thing about AP is that they do NOT give you extra time to think (at least as far as I know). It seems like you banked time during the old days. I can't tell you how many times I have timed out because of this. Most of the time it is just that I don't notice it in time.

The bad thing about this is that he took like 10 or 15 seconds to think about it. I guess I could have 76 of diamonds. He said he was thinking about the Bad Beat Jackpot. Of course, even I had the 76 of diamonds, there would have been no BBJ because as far as I know, you have to use both of your hole cards.

----------------

Today starts the first day of the WSOP Main Event. While I am looking forward to following it a bit, there is still a bitter taste in my mouth with the whole delay thing. Oh well, what can you do.

Have a good 4th of July weekend!!!!

No comments:

Who links to my website?