Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Getting Back on the Blogging Horse... Maybe

I have been very bad at blogging lately. I wish I had a good excuse; but I don't. Typically, it is because I haven't be running very well and therefore I don't want to own up to it. That may have been the case early on; but I have been doing OK so far this month. It's been a really roller coaster month. I won't post a chart yet; but will start posting more stats and charts in upcoming posts.

This post is more for me organizing my plan for the rest of the year.

One of my first goals is blogging? Why, you ask? Well, let me tell you. When I first started this blog, this was a great place to journal and document my poker journey. I want to get back to that. So for the rest of the year, I want to blog once a day on the weekdays where I will document my thoughts for the day as well as show some of my interesting hands (to me anyway). What this does is makes me take a look at my hands.

Next, study more. I think it is a given by now that I don't read books. I just don't make enough time to do it. While, I'm not saying that I won't as I have 5 or 6 books that I would like to read and the holidays is always a good time to do that. So instead, I will continue to read blogs, forums and other sites like this one where I can get a Poker Tip Of the Day. Any and all tid bits that I can pick up can only help me become a better player.

On a similar note, I plan to watch more videos. I am member of Stoxpoker and Cardrunners. I want to commit at the beginning to watching 2 videos a week and hopefully more.

I'm not sure that I want to set a monetary goal because that can always change; but I want to continue to play and get better and perhaps move up a level by year end. I am still currently playing 50c/$1. Before I move up, I want to have at least 20 buyins on the particular site that I am playing on. For example, I still need to make 11 buyins on Full Tilt before I can move up even though as a total bankroll, I have more that enough to play at that level.

I'm not sure what the difference between 100NL and 200NL; but I imagine it to be a pretty big jump. It is amazing to see the amount of people that totally grind out 100NL. Currently, I am playing 4 tables at a time and that seems to work; but I am not discounting trying more tables.

OK, we'll see how it goes and starting tomorrow, I will try to post more.

Have a good day!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well this must be really cool. I am sure it will be fine.

Who links to my website?