Friday, January 16, 2009

Loser

As you can probably guess from the lack of posts that things aren't going very well.

Sometimes p0ker can just be NOT fun. My downswing is down to 27 buyins now. I just can't gain any momentum..

This hand is just typical of what I'm running into.. even though this was a small hand..

Full Tilt p0ker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - http://www.thehandconverter.com/hands/9100
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

SB: $30.45
Hero (BB): $148.70
UTG: $100.00
MP: $69.80
CO: $129.50
BTN: $68.35

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BB with Qs As
4 folds, SB calls $0.50, Hero raises to $3, SB calls $2

Flop: ($6.00) 5h Qc 2d (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $5, SB calls $5

Turn: ($16.00) 6d (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $22, SB raises to $22.45 all in, Hero calls $0.45

River: ($60.90) 6s (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $60.90
SB shows 3c 4s (a straight, Six high)
Hero shows Qs As (two pair, Queens and Sixes)
SB wins $57.90
(Rake: $3.00)


I think I should be comparing myself to some of the contestants on American Idol. You know, the ones that think they can sing; but when they get before the judges, the totally bomb. I must be one of those guys that thinks he can play p0ker; but really bombs when tries. I am not a winning player over the last 6 months (not counting rakeback and stuff).. I guess I could go down in stakes. I don't know. We'll see what happens.

-------

Go Kurt Warner!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Klopzi said...

A lot of the time, poker sucks. Not much to do about it. Keep playing your hands as well as this one and you'll pull through.

Are you still playing a billion tables at a time? Why not drop down to 4-tabling for a while to get the variance under control? A 27 buy-in downswing is pretty big and you could probably use a little stability until your luck turns around.

But hey, who am I, right? Playing online poker for three years and still grinding it out at the micro-stakes when I'm not shunning poker for video games.

Good luck on turning this thing around. Enjoy the hot streak when it finally hits!

Who links to my website?