Thursday, February 09, 2006

Goal Update

Again, I want to thank everybody for their comments. I keep on repeating myself here; but this is truly what makes blogging so great. Even more so, are the opinions that are contrary to mine. Keep those coming. I'm certainly not the kind of guy that takes offense to someone that has an opinion that is different from mine. Quite the contrary.. Anything that will make think about things differently is what I crave. Whether or not I agree is besides the point because as we know, there are many different lines that you can take on a poker hand. Re-evaluating the line that you took can only make you better.... not to mention that the guys making comments are much, much more versed in poker theory than I am... so ... again.. Thank you very much.

Back on Jan 23rd, I wrote down some goals to achieve in the upcoming months... which is to more or less build my bankroll back to an all time high after my demoralizing bad streak at the end of last year (where I lost almost 60% of my bankroll). I believe that I am much better poker player after experiencing that. I reached goal #1 on Jan 28th. I then back tracked a bit; but was able to reach goal #2 on Feb 4th. I then was able to reach goal #3 tonight. Short handed play continues to be good for me.

I still have a lot more to learn here and I hope to keep learning and applying the thoughts in the upcoming week. The plan after this weekend is to move from 3/6 to 5/10 short handed to re-test those waters. As of right now, I am going to stay conservative and observe the 1000 BB bankroll rule for short handed play. I am in no big hurry to return to the 15/30 waters. Like I have said before, I am comfortable with my win rate now and where I am playing. If things don't go well, I will gladly drop back down to 3/6. Right now, I have about a 200BB cushion over the 1000bb rule to play with at 5/10.

We'll see how it goes.

I've got the monthly home game this Friday where just a small group of buddies get together for a short tournament and then the fun begins with Dealer's choice games. I haven't had the best of luck there lately; but it sure is fun. It is something that I truly look forward to every month.

I've got a couple of things on my mind that I will be sharing in the upcoming week (most likely).. so until then....

Have a great weekend..

Peace!!!!!

6 comments:

cmitch said...

I think the first time I tried to post a comment it didn't show up. (If it is on here twice, sorry)

Good luck with the move up. I think you will have no problem at the 5/10 level based on your stats.

CC said...

Sweet progression, Will. Maybe we're conjoined twins...

Do you need to change anything for your next steps, or keep humming along? This is where I often stub my toe: couple of negative sessions followed by alterations leading to disaster.

WillWonka said...

Yes, I'm definitely torn.. One part of me wants to get back to movin on up based on bankroll.. but the other side says... "what's the hurry"..

There is something to be said for contentment.

I was never a winner in 5/10 over many, many hands; but those were all full ring. We'll see how it goes. To tell you the truth, I was never a winner at 3/6 10 Max. Obviously, short handed has been different.

I'm going to continue the same type play at 5/10 as I do in 3/6. There really isn't much difference between the two.

Semi-Pro Poker Player said...

Good luck with the move back up to 5/10 SH, Will. I have no doubt that you will crush that game.

EN09 said...

Keep a sharp eye peeled for Oompa Loompas along your journey.

So you never "crushed" full ring games?

WillWonka said...

Not only did I not crush them.. I am a overall loser in every full ring limit game level.

I played micro limit NL when I made my very first deposit and did OK there.. this was before I had PokerTracker so I don't have any exact stats on that one.

Who links to my website?