Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Break even and dealing with a habitual squeezer

After about 39 hands, I found myself up almost 2 buyins; but as usual, reality set in.

Here is a hand dealing with a habitual squeezer.

BB (the squeezer) is a 46/20/1.7 who squeezes 16% which is very high.
SB is a 38/0/inf over just 10 hands.
Button is a 12/9/4.0 guy over 7.3K hands.

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 7 players - http://www.thehandconverter.com/hands/135321
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

CO: $50.00
BTN: $50.00
SB: $17.05
BB: $47.75
UTG: $51.80
Hero (UTG+1): $55.45
MP: $49.25

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG+1 with Ac 9c
1 fold, Hero raises to $1.75, 2 folds, BTN calls $1.75, SB calls $1.50, BB raises to $9, Hero raises to $30.50

Truthfully, A9s from EP is probably not the best hand to open with; but against this table, I was ok with it. I get 2 callers and then the BB puts in a pretty sizable squeeze. I am almost always ahead of this kind of player so I decided to repop it. Thoughts?


Have a nice day!!!

4 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

Even if you lose this hand, you can't let him keep doing that. If he sees you'll call him down with crap, he might slow down next time you're in the pot.

Anonymous said...

I dont like the the shove here. He is only calling with hands that crush you and folding others. I would prefer you call in position and shove over a c-bet or shove if he checks.
if he shoves into you, you can evaluate your hand vs. his range

WillWonka said...

The SB called (all in) and so did squeezer...


Flop was 8hKs7s

Squeezer checks and I checked behind. I needed push in the rest here. I'm not sure what I was thinking.

Turn was 9h

Squeezer pushed and I called.

He had JTo
SB had AJo

I lose.

River was a meaningless 5h.

The mistake on the flop doesn't matter too much as he is calling this I'm sure.

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

A9s, really? Also, did you consider how often the squeezer squeezes an UTG raiser? It's one thing if someone habitually squeezes a late MP or a CO raiser but from UTG? A9 is almost never ahead of that range, I would think. If you're up 2 buyins at this point, it's a pretty crappy way to spew, IMO.

Who links to my website?