Thursday, May 07, 2009

Let the Graph do the Talking and interesting Blind Steal Hand

I played the Mook last night. There were about 80 runners. With about 30 or so left, I find myself in the top 2 or 3. I then had 3 straight "oops" moments. I pushed against an EP limper from the button with AQ and he snapped called with QQ. I four bet Jordan who I thought was squeezing with either AQ or AK... Ace on the flop and Ace on the turn; but oh by the way, a K was also on the flop... oops. Finally pushed my small stack with KQs and got a couple of callers. I flopped my flush draw but ultimately lost to AT. Out in 24th. Dang!! Truthfully, I don't play the Mook for the money. I play for the social part of it and to win. Anything from 2nd to last is pretty much the same to me.




Cash games started off great; but then went crazy from there. Up and down and up and down. I'll just let the graph do the talking.






Good Times!!!

I mentioned the other day about people relying on HUDs too much. I still argue that point and here is one hand where I relied on stats.

The villain in this hand was a 19/12/3.8 guy which is fairly standard for a good, aggressive guy. Let's look further. He squeezed 4% and 3 bet 3.8% and 4bet 11%




Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - http://www.thehandconverter.com/hands/115732
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG: $70.80
UTG+1: $50.00
UTG+2: $51.50
MP1: $54.00
MP2: $120.15
CO: $103.05
Hero (BTN): $117.50
SB: $55.15
BB: $114.75

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with Ac Jh
6 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, SB raises to $5, 1 fold, Hero calls $3.25

Standard steal from the button with JackAce. I get three bet; but as the stats show, this is not unusual for this guy. His range is fairly large.

Flop: ($10.50) 7s 5d Kc (2 players)
SB bets $7, Hero raises to $21, SB requests TIME, SB folds

OK.. more stats. He Cbets 91% of the time. The rest is history. Thoughts on the hand?

Final Pot: $24.50
Hero wins $23.30
(Rake: $1.20)


TJ, Have a nice day

1 comment:

cmitch said...

I like that line, espec given his cbet%. I usually see if their 3b% from the blinds is higher than their regular 3b%. I would guess that this guy's is. Sometimes this is more effective than a 4b pf b/c a lot of ppl will get it ai mid pairs and up in a blind/btn battle. Your flat call/raise of the c-bet looks like either a King, mid pair, or air and he has a big decision since you have position.

Who links to my website?