Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Even the LAGtards have hands somtimes and who is "Your" American Idol

Last night was one of those fun nights where the LAGtards actually had hands and for whatever reason, I decided to look them up a few times (see below). I hate it when that happens. Of course as they always do, they gave back the money to the rest of the table.

Villain in this hand was a 69/16/.8 guy over a 60 hands

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - http://www.thehandconverter.com/hands/114863
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

MP1: $100.00
MP2: $55.00
CO: $25.00
BTN: $66.85
SB: $187.80
BB: $43.40
UTG: $34.15
UTG+1: $50.90
Hero (UTG+2): $102.30

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG+2 with Qd Qh
UTG calls $0.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.25, 3 folds, BTN calls $2.25, 1 fold, BB calls $1.75, UTG calls $1.75

Flop: ($9.25) 4d 6h 7h (4 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $7, BTN raises to $14, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls $7

Turn: ($37.25) 5d (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $37.25, Hero raises to $86.05 all in, BTN calls $13.35 all in

River: ($138.45) 9c (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: $138.45
BTN shows 8h 7c (a straight, Nine high)
Hero shows Qd Qh (a pair of Queens)
BTN wins $135.45
(Rake: $3.00)

Dang.. 87o.. who knew? I should have gotten away; but let his LAGgy tendencies sway me.


After being a few buyins down I was able to scrap my way back up to even for the night thanks to one of the above mentioned LAGs.

No really interesting hands last night so I'll switch topics.

Who is Your American Idol. As a degenerate, I'm not too concerned who wins, I interested in the betting side of it.

Here are the odds (courtesy of BoDog).

Adam Lambart: 4/11

Danny Gokey: 11/4

Allison Iraheta: 15/2

Kris Allen: 8/1

Adam is obviously the odds on favorite to win; but is it worth putting $50 or some amount on one of the others. I know in horse racing that if there was a huge favorite (as in this case), it is not even worth it to bet on the favorite. Kris Allen was somebody I was thinking about putting some money on a few weeks ago; but now I don't know. Who would you be betting on? We know longshots can win... look at the Kentucky Derby this last weekend.

I don't know if I can pull the trigger. We'll see.

With your second TOC seat,

Jordan, have a nice day

3 comments:

onlinepokerpromagazine said...

Good post......

noldmax said...

Disclaimer: Wife always has AI on, so I'm just a curious bystander. :)

Kris doesn't stand a chance. He's likely done this week. His odds would have to be waaaay higher. Same with Allison. It's between Gokey and Lambert, so if you're gonna pick one and actually make some dough, I guess shoot for Gokey. He's not as good, but he's got a lot of support and the widowed sympathy factor still going.

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

The question is, is this player really a LAG or is he just loose? If he's a lag, then sure, I can see the bet on the turn being a bluff but if he's just a loose player (with no AF, I have no idea if he's aggro or not, based on preflop stats, he's just loose), the turn bet pretty much significies every thing that beats you. The minraise on the flop would actually scare me but being that there was a flush draw, I would also call and probably ship (not checkraise but bet out) a blank turn. However, this is not a blank turn so I would check fold. If he bluffs me off my overpair, good for him. But considering his preflop stats, he could have easily connected with this flop and I'm not liking QQ on the turn.

Who links to my website?