Monday, April 27, 2009

Good Turn Card or Bad Turn Card?

I didn't play very much this weekend and ended up making one buyin over about 1,700 hands. It was nice to have some more football on the tubes again. While I'm not a big fan of the NFL draft, I do like to watch it (mostly in fast forward mode on the DVR) to see what is going on.

Here is one hand that I wasn't sure what to do?

Button.. 14/10/4.7 655 hands
SB.. 15/9/2.8 5K hands
BB.. 33/0/1.6 74 hands

Full Tilt p0ker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - http://www.thehandconverter.com/hands/105271
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: $43.70
UTG: $73.90
UTG+1: $50.00
MP1: $65.85
Hero (MP2): $50.00
CO: $56.00
BTN: $118.75
SB: $50.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is MP2 with Ts Jc
3 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, 1 fold, BTN calls $1.75, SB calls $1.50, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($7.00) Ks Ad Kh (4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($7.00) Qc (4 players)
SB bets $4, BB folds, Hero calls $4, BTN folds

River: ($15.00) 4s (2 players)
SB bets $8, Hero calls $8


Thoughts on Turn call and River Call??

Different line on turn? fold? Raise?

Have a nice day!!!

2 comments:

noldmax said...

I think you can raise either the turn or the river, but I think just calling both is a little too conservative. I'm not sure how much tighter full ring plays, but AK is very frequently squeezing from the SB there, so the only hand you are worried about is KQ and a rare AK. JT obv also possible. Raising the turn may fold out hands like AQ-AJ, but also gets more value from all of the Ks you beat - KJ-Kx (x being a donk-dependent factor). I think I prefer a turn raise, since a turn call and then river raise looks so strong and may fold out Ks.

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

I actually don't mind this line. You're losing money from some Kx hands but it puts you in an awkward spot when you raise and the guy shoves over the top... you'd be killing yourself with "is he overplaying the K or did he slowplay the flopped boat" kinda thing. I think it's definitely weak passive but I think I would take the same line you did.

Who links to my website?