Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Weird Session

I had a really weird session last night.

A session that saw me win only 40% at showdown..

It was a session that out of 690 hands, I had aces 7 times , kings 4 times and queens twice..

I ran my aces into aces.. my kings into aces and queens into aces. On the kings hand I flopped my set and he rivered his ace

I hit a royal flush for the 2nd time this week

I was river guttered 2 or 3 times

I turned a nut flush only to be boated up on the river.

I didn't hit my first set for over 300 hands; but then ended up with a set % at 15% (better than the 12.5% expected rate).

Overall, I was up almost 1 buyin; but it was sure a roller coaster ride.

One hand that I couldn't really figure out what to do.

Villain is a 40/23/3.8 over just 127 hands 3bets 7.5% and 4bets 25%
Folds to 3bets 75% and cbets 69%

Full Tilt p0ker $0.25/$0.50 Pot Limit Hold'em - 7 players - http://www.thehandconverter.com/hands/83831
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

MP: $47.75
CO: $24.25
BTN: $100.00
Hero (SB): $68.35
BB: $54.35
UTG: $58.65
UTG+1: $25.95

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with Qd Qh
UTG calls $0.50, 1 fold, MP raises to $1, 2 folds, Hero raises to $4, 2 folds, MP raises to $11, Hero calls $7


First dilemma was preflop. Who 5bets here against this guy?


Flop: ($23.00) Jc 6c 3d (2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $23, ??

If I called preflop and get this flop is there anything stopping me from putting all my chips in? Should I be leading out which would let me fold potentially? Can I assume that I may be ahead and push it in? Do I just wimp out and fold and maybe save the chips for a better spot?

A couple of poker buddies that are much better than me said more or less the chips are going in. One said preflop and the other said after the flop. Agree/Disagree? Of course, not knowing the results skews things; but makes the decision making better. I'll post what I did later in the comments.

Have a nice day!!

4 comments:

noldmax said...

I generally don't get it in PF with QQ, unless I'm the 4-better, at which point odds usually dictate a call when someone shoves over. But if I 3-bet, I will usually just call a 4-bet, looking for an undercard flop. On a flop like this, I'm getting it in.

Is min-raise/4-bet a standard line for AA/KK these days? Isn't that much more likely to be AK?

Anonymous said...

I just don't see that being aces or kings. It looks more like a mid pocket pair that wants to try and flip.

AK will almost always std open, and sometimes 4 bet.
AA will sometimes limp reraise, and other times open std/call or open std/4 bet.
KK will mostly open/call or open/4 bet, and sometimes limp call.

Really boils down to: what hand would donk min raise a limper and then 4 bet. It doesn't make sense, which means you are probably ahead. I ship it pre.

WillWonka said...

Anyway, when you are running bad, the best decisions aren't always made. Against this type of guy which I think he was even more aggro at the time I played him (as opposed to when I replayed in in HEM), so my plan was to call and ship any board without an Ace or King via a check raise of course.

The board was all unders and he bet out pot which is what aggro people do. At the end of the day, I just couldn't fold and did my min raise which put us all in and he did have aces. Of course he was representing a huge hand; but he was sure capable of having anything.

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Ok, this is the beginning of my "catching up" process. I didn't read your comment yet but this is my thought. Based on the stack size here, the decision of whether your stack is going in or not is made preflop. In other words, if you are calling that 4 bet, then you know that your stack is going in on a J high flop. If you're gonna fold here, then you should be folding preflop.

Who links to my website?