Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It always happen... Every Time

What a great time to be in the Midwest. A nice breezy 71 degrees at lunchtime today (Tuesday). When I went back into the office at 1PM Central, it was a little breezy; but it was 71 degrees. 5 hours later I'm running into a restaurant and it is below 0 with the wind chill factored in. Without the wind it was around 15 degrees. 15 degrees and 40 mile and hour guts make for good times. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must be really getting old. I was going into the restaurant to pick up my Visa Card that I had left in there. The restaurant was Red Robin, a Wonka family favorite. Your kids can pretty much be as loud as they want and it really doesn't faze anybody. You guys with kids know what I mean. The funny thing is that I have recently left my Visa card in a restaurant 4 or 5 times in the last 2 or 3 months. The even funnier things is that it has always been Red Robin. I don't know what it is; but it is just odd.

Speaking of falling numbers. My poker game. It just seems like every month, I grind my way up. No big wins or no big losses; bu I am at least above zero; albeit barely as I was just 1BB/100 over a little over 8,000 hands. Not that is depressing; but then there seems to be that one day where just everything seems to go wrong. Your rockets don't hold up; or you get them UTG and raise and everybody folds. Those kind of things. Your draws don't hit and if they do they are only second best. You know those kind of nights.

Well, that was tonight. I found myself down over $350 in just 267 hands. It just seems like I do this every month. Now, I was able to get it back to down just a bit over $200 through 523 hands; but still a pretty big hit. A big enough hit to me back in the negative for the month. I am down $80 for the month; but somehow I am positive .8 bb/100 hnds.

3/6 was a problem again for me as the 50 and 70 percent VPIPer just keep hitting. The 50 one in particular. He hit runner runner on back to back hands that really put a damper on things. Oh well, that's poker.

----------------

Two hands for thought today.

Hand 1

When do you give up on a hand?

The SB is pretty solid but pretty LAGy (34/23/2.67 893 hands)
UTG is unknown but seems loose and passive so far

The

Vegas Poker 24/7
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $109.50
CO: $159
Hero: $85.75
SB: $204.50
BB: $136

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with :as :7d
UTG calls, CO folds, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

I'm raising to isolate here? Don't mind going HU with loose passive guy

Flop: :9c :6h :7c (6.67SB, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, BB calls, UTG calls.

OK, not good; but not terrible. I hit my pair; but everybody is staying in. Are they drawing or do they also have a pair. I'm not really putting anybody on an over pair or a set.

Turn: :5h (4.83BB, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero ?????

Dang.. Pretty terrible card. I've been gutted to death tonight so I'm going to check.

River: :7h (4.83BB, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero ????

Is this card good or is this bad?? I'm not adding to this pot as I would hate to see me get check raised. Results below in white. Thoughts?

Results:
Final pot: 4.83BB
BB Shows Kd 6d
Hero Shows As 7d
UTG mucks Kc 2h

Hand 2

This a HU with a flop with a Draw. Do I want to keep the lead after I check/raise?

Villain is solid player... 22.3/12.6/1.62 103 hands

Vegas Poker 24/7
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $139.37
UTG+1: $98.50
CO: $79.75
Button: $300
SB: $178.25
Hero: $63.01

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with :ah :10h
UTG folds, UTG+1 raises, 3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: :5h :qs :7h (4.5SB, 2 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero raises, UTG+1 3-bets, Hero ????, UTG+1 calls.

Any good/aggressive player is most likely going to 3 bet me if they any part of that flop as I am know to check raise not only made hands; but draws. The question is do I want to cap it and keep the lead? The villain had normal numbers about going to showdown and winning at showdown so I thought I could get him off of anything except maybe a Queen.

Turn: :10c (6.25BB, 2 players)
Hero bets, UTG+1 calls.

Well, heck... The turn kind of hit me. I can't stop betting now.

River: :7d (8.25BB, 2 players)
Hero ?????, UTG+1 calls.

Ah Heck again. No way I winning this pot unless I bet; but is he really calling me with anything that I can really beat? I bet out and he called.

Results below. Thoughts?

Results:
Final pot: 10.25BB

oops.. no results here. He had KQ and took her down.


-------------

I finally broke down and bought/ordered an Ipod (compliments of Absolute Poker and their Rewards Points). Up until now, I have been taking my podcasts and putting them on a CD to listen to in the car. That is getting to be a pain. There are a bunch of good radio shows out there. I was going to list a few; but the better thing to do would be to run over to Hard Boiled Poker as he does an excellent job of keeping track of all the poker podcasts... not to mention he is a great blogger. Now, we may disagree on the whole Absolute thing; but his points are more than valid; especially when he talks about some crazy stuff going on at Ultimate Bet . I would have never even guessed that with today's hub bub about all the cheating scandals that two people could log on with the same account from two different places at the same time. YIKES!!!!!!!!!

That's it for now.

Have a Good Day!!!!

2 comments:

Jestocost said...

Not the Red Robin on Mancheser in Des Peres, is it?

I've only ever left my credit card in one restaurant.

And that was the one.

How weird is that?

Maybe they have some kind of strange card sucking device down in the floor with the TV.

WillWonka said...

Haha... Nope out in O'Fallon.

Although, I have eaten at that one; but only once.

Who links to my website?