Monday, January 14, 2008

Single Dad, Most Underated People and 16 Blocks

Well, Mrs Wonka was forced to take a short 2 day business trip so I am Single Dad. With a 4 and 1 1/2 year old, they can certainly be handful; but usually they are pretty good with me. But I got to tell, there are people that are easily the most underrated people. More on that later (of course).

----------

I just played a little poker at Absolute Poker. I was playing with a new data mining program for Absolute called Absolute Solution . It's a great program and best of all, it is free (donations accepted). Basically, you set up some parameters and it will open up tables and start data mining them for you.

I played about 150 hands tonight and was at 15.89BB/100 so a good night and called it early to get some sleep as tomorrow night will be a little difficult (see below)

My hand of the day is with nothing less than Pocket Rockets which I also posted on 2+2 . I have a few hands lately that I have be charged with over bloating the pot so that is something that I am working on although here I decided to bloat. Give me your thoughts? I won't post what he had; but will do so in the comments, if needed. The villain in this case was pretty LAGgy with stats of 48/28/1.8

Absolute Poker

Limit Holdem Ring game

Limit: $2/$4

6 players

Converter




Stack sizes:
UTG: $93
UTG+1: $98.37
CO: $16.83
Button: $67.50
SB: $44.62
Hero: $99.88


Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with :ah :ac
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, SB raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, SB calls.


Flop: :5d :8s :7c (10SB, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, SB calls.


Turn: :9d (6.5BB, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, SB folds, Hero 3-bets, UTG+1 calls.


River: :9s (12.5BB, 2 players)
Hero bets, UTG+1 calls.


Results:
Final pot: 14.5BB



The big question is on the turn... folding... calling... raising.. We obviously know what I did.



---------



Back to the underrated people; but first I must add that we had a pretty scary moment 2 Fridays ago where my 17 month old had some problems. Her lips turned blue and had some problem breathing and was really, really cold and shivering. This happened at Daycare. By the time I got her home and called doctor, it was obvious that I needed to call 911 (probably should have done it sooner). The ambulance came and we spent about 6 hours in the ER. Thankfully, it turned out to be nothing. Just a virus so they say. We are actually taking her to get an EEG on Wednesday to make sure that there was no seizure of any kind. Talk about scary when the nurse says to hang up phone and call 911 and I say that I can take to hospital or Urgent care in 5 minutes and she responds by saying that she might not make it to Urgent Care. I'm normally a real calm person; but that set me back and I lost all track of everything and just hung up and called 911. Again, scary stuff.



Anyway, Mrs Wonka's parents (who live about 15-20 minutes away) took no time and came over and watched our 4 year old while we were at the hospital and grandma is going with Mrs Wonka to get the EEG. For this test, they want us to keep our baby up until Midnight and wake her up at 4AM. For all of you that have kids this age know that this will be almost an impossible task. Again, grandma will be here to help as Mrs Wonka will not get home until around 10PM. So who are the maybe the most underrated people? Grandparents.



---------



Did anybody buy TOs crying about the question about Tony Romo. I'll go on the record and say that I did. I don't know why. Based on his history with QBs, I don't know why he would fake something like this.



-----------



My latest movie that I watch was not even rented but watched on HBO as we just subscribed to this so that we could watch The Wire. OK, I'll go on record and say that I am a Bruce Willis fan. Of course, he has made his share of bad movies; but for the most part, I have like his movies. 16 Blocks was one of those movies that I really had no real desire to watch; but it was on HBO so I decided to record to watch later. Almost 2 weeks later, I decided to watch it. Really, the reason was so that I could make some space on my DVR for the football games last weekend. The first half of the movie was nothing really special, just a typical cop and bad guy movie. But, to me, this movie really turned around towards the end. To me, and this will be obvious, but the ending is really what I base my opinions on and this one had a really good ending. So, I am giving the 2 thumbs up to this one and will give it 4 stars out of 5.



I also watch Poseidon; but it is not really worthy of a review. Not bad and not good. Pretty much what I expected. I watched it in one sitting which is always a good sign for me.



Have a nice day!!!

No comments:

Who links to my website?