Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Mookie/Phil Helmuth and Could this be the Week?

Like a 1o time or is 11 time (I can't remember) WSOP champion has always said, if it wasn't for luck, I would win every one of these Mookies . Every week, I get my chips in with the best of it and just wait for whoever the donkey of the week. Just like last week, I get money in where I dominate the hand and I lose.

For example, I get AK and and lose to KQ. I get KK and lose to JJ on a rivered straight. I lose a race and I'm out in 25th out of 68 players. What a waste of a few hours. I don't know why I even play these anymore.

OK, just kidding. I just had to get that out of my system. You see, I forgot to mention that my A8 ousted Surflexus's pocket queens. I forget to mention that I hit a 2 outer on the river against Wraith. It is easy for me to justify those as I was in BB against shorty Surflexus.. I had to call, right??? Wraith was min raising me with his huge stack. Surely, he didn't have an ace that was flopped, right? My reads are never wrong, right?

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think anybody will argue that you need a bit of luck to win any tourney. I'm sure this week's winner will tell you the same. But probably more importantly, it is how you set yourself up to prepare you to win those pots. Oh well, there is always next week.

But even more importantly, who did we find out the final table? None other than Mook and Hoy.
Was this going to be the week, that one of them finally got off their first win? No, it just wasn't meant to be.

----------

I didn't play any poker yesterday as I was down for the count and went to bed as soon as I got home from work.

I plan to post my half way through the month results this weekend. Unfortunately, I'm not getting to where I wanted. I'm not even sure where I stand. It will interesting to take a look at the results. I've played 1/2, 2/4 and 3/6 and it will be interesting to even contrast the three. We shall see. Hopefully, I will at least above break even.

---------

One final thing. I have mentioned Stoxpoker many times and even have a banner over on the right. They are now offering the new Poker Tracker 3 as one of their gifts for premium membership. Find more information about it in the forums there under public... general. I am really looking forward to giving it a try as I'm hearing a lot of good things about Hold'Em Manager (see cmitch for a post on his blog) and PT needs to do something. Competition is good, right? They have also changed around the point system for premium membership, so if you haven't been by there lately, it might be worth a look.

No comments:

Who links to my website?