Thursday, June 26, 2008

All good things must come to an end.

After tying a person record for 13 straight up sessions (about 18 buyins) , the fit hit the shan On Wed.

First the Mook, by the subject title you can probably guess that I didn't last very long. Here is the hand that did and should have been a clue to my night.

Full Tilt Poker The Mookie No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t30/t60 Blinds - 8 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

CO: t5320
BTN: t2755
SB: t1525
BB: t6785
UTG: t5505
Hero (UTG+1): t1775
MP1: t2085
MP2: t3950

Pre Flop: Hero is UTG+1 with Qc Ah
1 fold, Hero raises to t180, 5 folds, BB raises to t780, Hero raises to t1775 all in, BB calls t995

Flop: (t3580) 7h Kh Th

Turn: (t3580) 7d

River: (t3580) 4d

Final Pot: t3580
BB shows 5h 4h (a flush, King high)
Hero shows Qc Ah (a pair of Sevens)
BB wins t3580

Not a bad flop for Mr iam23skidoo. I had some outs; but didn't hit. I'm not sure where he finished; but he had some chips. OK, now I do.... 15th... Dang... I also root for the guy that takes my chips and that he puts them to good use to get some cash.
As for Cash. A simple chart will do that trick.




I could tell you some sob stories; but it just wouldn't really mean anything. In fact, if I were to show what my night would have been with my All In EV, I really should have lost more.

Fast forward to tonight. While I was playing on Full Tilt getting my needed points, it continued to struggle; but finally got it back to above zero. I then took a break and came back a little in the evening. This time around, I played at Absolute Poker. To say these games are soft would be the understatement of the century. I do have to admit that I got extremely lucky on this hand:


Absolute Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (CO): $121.12
BTN: $45.25
SB: $100.25
BB: $92.25
UTG: $68.32
MP: $50.60

Pre Flop: Hero is CO with Ah Ad
2 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, 2 folds, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.75) 9s 3h Ts (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, BB raises to $11.25, Hero raises to $32.50, BB raises to $90.50 all in, Hero calls $58

Turn: ($184.75) As (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($184.75) 5s (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $184.75
Hero shows Ah Ad (Three of a kind, aces)
BB shows 9c 9h (Three of a kind, nines)
Hero wins $181.25
(Rake: $3.50)

It's better to be lucky than good. I ended up over 3 buyins so you gotta love it. Even with their past problems, I do plan on putting some more time in over there after I make my Iron Man points on FTP.


Here is a look at tonight's chart:


So I didn't quite make up for last nights loss; but came with $10 of it so alls good then ends good so I now have one winning night in a row.
Incidentally, on AP, they are almost all Bad Beat Jackpots tables; which I'm not a big fan of; but it does bring in the bad players. 3 of the 4 tables had table VPIP rates close to 40% in a 6max game. They also just paid a record 992K Bad Bead Jackpot in which somebody got nearly 400K. Yikes!!!! With that kind of overlay, it may be worth it. Currently the BBJ is hovering around 400K.
Have a nice Day!!!!

2 comments:

23skidoo said...

Hmm..I only can imagine my line of thinking was that I could get you off a Ax - mid pair hand.

I'll have to admit it was pure donkery calling the push, big chipstacks go to my head sometimes and the beer helps too.

Cheers!

Renee said...

I agree, I would rather be lucky than good. Damn poker play...

Who links to my website?