Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Online Poker is Rigged and it only takes One hand

Due to family responsibilities.. wait.. not really responsibilities. Let's start over.

Due to the BoDonkey being on Tuesday and with an early start time, it has always been hard for me to make the tourney because this is prime time for spending time with Mrs Wonka and the 2 baby/toddler Wonkas. What made this night any different?

As usual, I received an email requesting that I play in the tournament; but this time there was a kicker and here it is:

The BIGGEST bounty ever in the history of blogger tournaments is on the head of $mokkee, the Bodog blogger tournament host, adding an extra T$270 in value to Tuesday's June 3rd poker blogger tournament! The lucky poker blogger to eliminate $mokkee will be rewarded with a seat in Bodog's WSOP Semifinal 5 Seat Guaranteed Tournament scheduled for June 8 at 3:15 pm ET. Details at http://www.bodogbloggertournament.com/.

Giving that incentive, I sat down and started to play. I started off OK, but then made a resteal with 6 high off of somebody's button steal. That didn't work out and I had to fold. It really was a roller coaster ride from there; but to make a long and boring tournament summary story short, I ended up at the final table. Good News, the bounty on $smokkee was still alive.

$mokee then went on to suck at 223,323, times and it got down to 3 people and yours truly was lucky enough to be there with $mokkee and Miami Don. MD got a what I believe to be a huge bad beat to bring me a $mokkee heads up. I wasn't really paying attention at the time as I must have been in a hand in my cash games; but I thought Don had something like K9 and I thought I saw 2 Kings on the board so I don' t know what happened.

Heads up didn't last too long; but yes, $mokee with his Q5 hit a Q on the river to beat my KJ that had hit a Jack or something like that. Either way, he was the big winner and the indisputable fact that has now been proven.... ONLINE POKER IS RIGGED.

If you ask me, I should get the added bonus; but I guess $mokkee will get it himself. Congrats!!

--------------

So as usual, I had 3 tables plus the tournament going. Things were actually go pretty well as I was up nearly 2 buyins after 550 hands; but as the saying goes, it only takes one hand to change the course of the evening. It was actually 2 hands; but there was one really big one that should never have been a big one... especially after hearing the preachings of brother Jamyhawk. I mean really, who makes these calls. I have to know that I'm beat. I remember thinking that I had to call due to odds. Let's take a look and see if I was right.

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG: $50.30
MP: $49.25
CO: $54.05
BTN: $11.85
Hero (SB): $83.40
BB: $89.10


Pre Flop: Hero is SB with K K


UTG raises to $1.75, 3 folds, Hero raises to $5.75, BB calls $5.25, UTG calls $4



All standard... both of these players are good players..



BB is 25/18/1.9 over 259 hands

UTG is 29/19/3.8 over 152 hands

Flop: ($17.25) 2 9 6 (3 players)

Hero bets $12, BB calls $12, UTG raises to $44.55 all in, Hero calls $32.55, BB raises to $83.35 all in, Hero calls $33.10 all in

Wow... what was I thinking...



First call, I am getting over 2 1/2 to 1 to call; but wait.. still on more to act and now I know that I am toast; but really, is there any way that I can fold to last bet...

Turn: ($217.10) Q


River: ($217.10) 5


Turns out the best hand won; but it took runner, runner spades for it to happen. As One guy had pocket Aces and hit his flush and the other guy had pocket sixes.



I then lost a big pot when a bad player did the overbet for value thing when he hit his OESD on the river and I paid him off with my flopped trips. By the way, I had 43 pocket pairs tonight's and I did NOT hit a single set. As a matter of disclosure, I did flop quad aces once; but that was it, 1 for 43 (2.33%). Again, ONLINE POKER IS RIGGED!!!



Somehow, I was able to make it back to about break even for the night...







So the stats ended up being 18.1/12.7/1.56 for 5.22bb/100 over 855 hands.

Truthfully, towards the end when I was at the final table, I played way more passive that I normally do which accounts for the low PFR and low Aggression factor. Anyway, I will always take a positive night.

Thought for the night is just to keep consistent and don't blow the sessions on a few bad hands. This is definitely a leak that I need to work on.

Have a nice day!!!

No comments:

Who links to my website?