Wednesday, June 18, 2008

So Tiger is Human and Internet connections

Have you ever sat at a table and somebody is just constantly having Internet connection delays and it is slowing up the play. Man, I can't stand it. Typically, unless the table is really good, I will just leave the table. Well, last night, that guy was me. I don't know what the problem was; but probably 6 times of the 1 1/2 hours I played, my Internet connection went out on me. Sometimes 20 seconds, sometimes 2 minutes and always or should I say almost always at the most inopportune times. Once when I hit a set of 3s with an Ace on board and somebody led into me. Once with pocket Queens so maybe that was a good thing because who wins with Queens these days.

Unlike most days, I started off really well and was up almost 2 buyins; but things didn't last and I only ended up a little under 1 buyin and then I just quit once I reached my 100 pts on Full tilt. I can't make Iron Man anymore nor was that a goal. It just doesn't seem too long ago where it would take me about 30 to 40 minutes to reach the needed 200 pts to make Iron Man when I was playing at the higher limit levels. Oh well, such is life and I am playing with the cards that re dealt to me; albeit at the micro stakes for now.

-------------

So I just heard that Tiger is done for the year with a torn ligament in his left knee and a double stress fracture of his left tibia. All of that and he still won the US Open in what was one of the most memorable finishes in quite a while. Well, at least for people like me that have short memories.

So the question that begs to be asked is... Was it worth it to play against Doctor's Orders? To me, this is a very simple answer.

YES!!!

It is the US Open or national championship. It is a Major. Etc, etc..

OK, he is now out for the year. Who is to say that this still wouldn't of happened even if he didn't play this weekend. Of course, he is going to miss 2 majors this year now plus the Ryder Cup. That is if you believe that he will. Anybody else thinking that he will have the surgery and rehab the knee and still try to play one of the big golf tournaments. The British is out of the question. That is less than a month a way; but the PGA or Ryder Cup... hmmmm.. Nah, no way; but he is Tiger Freaking Woods.

Again, I'm not the biggest Tiger Woods fan; but I can certainly appreciate him playing in this tournament knowing that he was hurt. A tournament, by the way, that he still won.

I wish him a well and speedy recovery because weekends like last weekend (and Monday) is what sports fans like myself live for.

Have a nice day!!!

1 comment:

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

He has a torn ACL I think. It's not like it would get worse and if it is a torn ACL, him not playing the US Open would not have made the difference on later tournaments. He did win 5 of the last 7 though with his torn ACL. He's a beast...

Who links to my website?