Thursday, June 19, 2008

No Love in Mook and when is a $20 profit good and KK

Bowed out in 34th in the Mook Wednesday night when my Aces were no match for Fritzle's 76s from the BB. He hit trips on the turn and I donkishly kept betting. I even had a near double up early; but all for not. I have finally updated the mookie stats and sent them Mook's way and I'm sure that he will get them posted up some time this week or weekend.

Things started great tonight as I was up over 2 buyins way early; but as the session went on, I saw that profit disappear very quickly.

I hit 2 pair a couple times in tough spots and lost a couple of really big hands. I made a straight and lost to a rivered boat. Lost a big pot with a big pair, AK < J8, etc... So I find myself down over 3 buyins so what do you do? Quit? Nope, I play on and I even added a couple of tables. Of course, I did ask myself 3 questions first when I come across situations like this:

1) Are you tired or tilting?
2) Are the games still good?
3) Am I playing badly?

The answers to those questions were such that I should keep playing so I did and played 6 tables. The end result could be terrible or could be good. Here is what happened.





So, it stinks to ruin a good start; but it also feels good to make back most of what you lost.

--------------------

I had some fun hands with KK tonight and this one is for Jamyhawk to show him how to fold KK
and of course one where maybe I should have. By the way, head over to his blog to read about a series of tournies that he is playing to hopefully go to next years WSOP Main Event.

KK Hand #1


Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG: $121.20
MP: $55.50
CO: $68.55
BTN: $20.00
SB: $94.95
Hero (BB): $162.75

Pre Flop: Hero is BB with K K

2 folds, CO raises to $1.75, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.25


I had been pretty active on this table (started with $50) so I decided to change things up a bit and just call.


Flop: ($3.75) J A 2 (2 players)

Hero checks, CO bets $3, Hero folds

Final Pot: $3.75
CO wins $3.60
(Rake: $0.15)

Ace on the flop and I check / fold... No harm no foul and that is how you fold KK.


KK Hand #2


Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

CO: $143.55
Hero (BTN): $50.00
SB: $42.00
BB: $49.35
UTG: $66.70
MP: $68.20

Pre Flop: Hero is BTN with K K
3 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, SB calls $1.50, 1 fold

Flop: ($4.00) 6 T A (2 players)
SB bets $5, Hero calls $5

Turn: ($14.00) 6 (2 players)
SB bets $14, Hero folds

Final Pot: $14.00
SB wins $13.30
(Rake: $0.70)

This time I did raise it up; but again an Ace comes on flop and super lose guy (58 VPIP) leads into me, I'm ok with calling one bet to see if I hit a K or if he slows down. I don't and he doesn't and I fold. Did he have an Ace? Who knows? Something I really hate is paying off LAGs so a fairly minimal loss.


KK hand #3


Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

MP: $73.20
Hero (CO): $51.55
BTN: $97.30
SB: $61.45
BB: $50.00
UTG: $60.35

Pre Flop: Hero is CO with K K

2 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, BTN calls $1.75, 2 folds

Same table against the Same LAG


Flop: ($4.25) 3 J 4 (2 players)
Hero bets $3.05, BTN calls $3.05

Turn: ($10.35) 7 (2 players)

Hero bets $8, BTN raises to $16, Hero raises to $46.75 all in, BTN calls $30.75

Really, the only thing that I am afraid of here is 65 and I just couldn't put him on that hand.

River: ($103.85) 5



Final Pot: $103.85

Hero shows Ks Kc (a pair of Kings)
BTN shows 5s 6s (a straight, Seven high)
BTN wins $100.85
(Rake: $3.00)

Whoops.. He had 65... but it was soooooooooooooooted.

Too bad you don't get mulligans in poker.


I did have KK one other time; but I raised and took it down with a flop C-bet.

So there you have it, some fun with KK.

-------------

No poker for me tomorrow as I am heading to Fairmont Park to watch a little horse racing. I haven't been in a few years; but I used to love to go to the horse races. I don't bet alot (I usually bring $20-$40 with me to bet); but I do love to watch them run. I did play a few hands after midnight eastern to get 1.5 points to make sure that I play everyday for the everyday freeroll.

Have a nice day!!!!

1 comment:

jamyhawk said...

Thanks for the plug.

In the second hand did you think about reraising him to see where you stand? Maybe that was too expensive but with how Loose you described him it crossed my mind, although he could have come over you with any draw.

In any case, way to fold KK.

Who links to my website?