Monday, August 10, 2009

Did I get what I deserverd or did I get lucky?

Up and down weekend that actually ended up on the positive side so I have that going for me.

Did I get what I deserved on this hand. Calling on button with KQo is hardly ever a winning proposition. The decision here was to take my losses and fold the river and call the river and see if I got lucky.

The villain in this hand is a 20/2/.7 guy over 566 hands.

Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 Pot Limit Hold'em - 9 players - http://www.thehandconverter.com/hands/226481
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $100.00
SB: $90.30
BB: $124.45
UTG: $42.10
UTG+1: $114.10
UTG+2: $96.80
MP1: $112.65
MP2: $100.00
CO: $111.20

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BTN with Ks Qd
4 folds, MP2 raises to $3.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $3.50, SB calls $3, BB calls $2.50

Flop: ($14.00) 6s 5c Kh (4 players)
SB bets $7, BB folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls $7

Turn: ($28.00) 6c (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $16, SB calls $16

River: ($60.00) Jd (2 players)
SB bets $16, Hero ??

Is this a big value bet or little bluff?

5 comments:

Klopzi said...

Call. You're getting about 5:1 on your money here with top pair. SB has given you no reason to think he's super-strong here.

Memphis MOJO said...

Calling on button with KQo is hardly ever a winning proposition.

I might call on the button with anything. You have so many ways to win/maximize a pot.

Gnome said...

I agree with Memphis. Why would you be afraid of calling on the button with KQo?
A reraise with KQo would get raised back by better hands and never get called by worse.

WillWonka said...

Of course, I don't think I can fold getting that price.

It turns it he was pretty strong with quad sixes.

DOH!!!

I liked the thoughts of calling on the button; but I still think it can get you in trouble; but I definitely agree with can't raise to fold better.

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

One thought here is I actually wouldn't mind checking behind on the turn. You're really not afraid of any other card aside from an ace so it might induce a bluff from a worse pair on the river. It's more of a rope a dope approach and it's something that I include in my arsenal.

Who links to my website?