Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Keeping on Keeping on

I want to echo everybody's reccomendations. If you haven't been reading CC's Quest of a Closet Poker Player lately, you have been missing some really good stuff on poker and relationships. I know it has garnered some nice conversatons with Mrs Wonka... .much needed conversations, by the way.

While I love watching the World Poker Tour, World Series of Poker and even the Poker Superstars Invintationals... ok all poker.... I have really, really enjoyed High Stakes Poker. That brings poker viewing to a completely different and elevated level. If anyone questioned what made some of the top pros great... just check out their hand selection. Especially in live play, post flop play is where you make your money and people like Sam Farha, Barry Greenstein and Freddy Deeb continually amaze me. It's truly inconceivable to somebody like me.

We all know that in poker that you are going to have good swings and bad swings. I just need to keep reminding myself to keep on keeping on. The last two days have been better as I have made $118 and $124 in the last two days. I'm still having the gut wrenching suckouts. I'm starting to really hate flopping two pair or straights... We'll see how it goes.

I think playing a few Steps on Party has also helped. Switching things around can only help.. although, I'm not having any better luck in those... I'm stuck on Step one now for 12 tournies in a row. I just can't get over the hump. I have 3 2nds and 3 4ths... Next time, I believe I will just start at Level 2 or 3. That seems to make more sense. One I run out of step tokens, that is probably what I will do.

Not much else to say.. Work is keeping me busy... which is a good thing.

Peace!!!

2 comments:

CC said...

I agree that High Stakes Poker is the best thing going. I've also gotten alot out of watching Negreanu as I've sat in his seat many times--the seat of making good reads then losing, making plays and getting picked off, then scrambling to try and claw back. Deeb comes off as an absolutely sick player along with Farha, just psychotic in their play and reads. And thanks again for the shoutout.

Guin said...

I can't watch High Stakes Poker here in Canada because it isn't available.... damn CRTC!

Seems like there has been lots of talk about balancing poker in our lives... in the end we should realize how important our significant others really are to us.

That being said.... I probably didn't play 1,000 hands in March which is killing my development.

Oh well I am sure we will all figure out where that correct balance is for us.

Who links to my website?