Friday, September 11, 2009

Losing Streak and Great Flop, Bad Turn and Terrible River

Boy, was it nice to see football on again last night even if my hated Steelers somehow pulled it out in overtime. I bet Rob Bironas isn't feeling to well today. Darn kickers!!!!

I've now had 3 losing sessions in a row now on Full Tilt. While none of them were bad losing sessions, it still messes with you. I really just need to stick to the plan of how I play and hopefully things will work out.

I have two hands today. One fairly standard; but another river decision and one hand that started good; but kept on getting worse and worse.

Hand #1

Villain is a 25/2/1.2 over 260 hands

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 Pot Limit Hold'em - 8 players - http://www.thehandconverter.com/hands/276381
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: $78.65
UTG: $33.00
UTG+1: $52.05
MP1: $57.25
MP2: $63.20
CO: $18.50
BTN: $25.45
Hero (SB): $50.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with Kc Ac
3 folds, MP2 raises to $1.50, CO calls $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.25, 1 fold

Suspect call (as opposed to raising); but multi way, I just wanted to see a flop first. I believe this is wrong; but I'm OK with it.

Flop: ($6.50) Tc Jh 5c (4 players)
Hero checks, MP2 bets $1.50, CO calls $1.50, BTN folds, Hero raises to $7, MP2 calls $5.50, CO folds

Love the flop and now will show strength. I suppose I could have / should have led out.

Turn: ($22.00) 8s (2 players)
Hero bets $16, MP2 raises to $54.70 all in, Hero ??

OOps... standard call at this point, right?

Hand #2

This is a little more tricky.

Villain is 24/13/1.0 over 50 hands

Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - http://www.thehandconverter.com/hands/276382
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

CO: $198.95
BTN: $108.50
SB: $112.80
BB: $108.90
UTG: $103.00
UTG+1: $66.45
Hero (MP1): $100.00
MP2: $100.65

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is MP1 with 7c 7h
2 folds, Hero raises to $3.50, 1 fold, CO calls $3.50, 1 fold, SB calls $3, 1 fold

Flop: ($11.50) 2s 2d 7s (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $7, SB raises to $18, Hero calls $18, CO folds

Sure I could lead out; but with a monster, I'm playing this one a little slower to perhaps let someone get a flush. With people showing strength, I don't think I need to re-raise which would definitely polarize my range; but might get some big overpairs to call. Thoughts?



Turn: ($54.50) 2c (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! This is where I had a non thinking moment. I have to lead out here, I think.

River: ($54.50) Ac (2 players)
SB checks, Hero ???

In retrospect, I see my mistake on this hand. Thoughts?

Have a nice day!!!

3 comments:

Klopzi said...

Hand 1: Hate the pre-flop play. I raise it up to about $12-$14 here and try to get it in on the flop. As played, I prefer leading the flop and shoving the turn though c/r all-in on the flop is good too. On the turn, you're not really getting odds against Villain's range but I'm assuming you were going to call a shove since your $16 turn bet put about 50% of your stack into the pot.

Hand 2: Don't mind the check. You've got the board crushed. When SB bets, I tend to min-raise and shove the turn (assuming SB doesn't shove the flop which he probably will). As played, bet the turn.

River changes nothing - you've got this board locked down unless Villain happens to be holding AA which is quite unlikely. Unfortunately, Villain will have missed his draws which is why a bet on the turn is good).

I don't think you're getting paid off on the river. Villain is pretty passive so I don't think you can make a weak river bet and hope to get bluff c/r (river c/r are pretty rare, in any case).

I'd shove and pray to get called.

Memphis MOJO said...

none of them were bad losing sessions,

That's the ticket in NL. Lose a little, but win big.

WillWonka said...

Hand #1: I called. He had a set of tens; but I hit my flush on the river. Got my chips in as 22% dog.

Hand #2: I just played that bad and didn't realize I had the good side of the full house barring pocket aces. I check behind and he showed pocket 7s. Dang! Just bad on my part.

Who links to my website?