Friday, September 18, 2009

Nothing too exciting and achilles heel pops up again

So, I'm playing along yesterday at a clip where I feel I am playing break even. I've continued to NOT look at my stats as I play. Sometimes when I get up to 100 pts, I'll take a look and see where I am at to see if there are any blatant adjustments that I need to do. Last night, I really didn't do that until I was almost done. Again, it just felt like break even poker.

I was kind of surprised to see that I had a steady down swing for the night which at one point I was down 2 buyins. How could that be? I had not lost many big pots and I knew I hadn't won any big pots (which is quite the opposite of how things had been going in recent days as it was up and down).

The short answer. The Big Blind. Now, of course, we most always are a net loser from the bb. For example, I am losing 34 bb/100 from the big blind which is actually pretty good. Yesterday... down 179.22/bb. I'll show one hand (either my biggest winner or biggest loser of the night)

My Achilles heel popped up last night. After poker, I decided to check my balance on AP to see if rakeback had been added to my account. It had. It wasn't much as I didn't play very much there last month so I just took that amount and opened up a blackjack table. Suffice it to say that it didn't start off very well and before I knew it my bet size had increased from $2 to $25. Not a good idea and BJ is definitely one of my biggest weaknesses. Some how, this has a happy ending as I made back the money I had lost and ended up with a $30 profit (after being down close to $300). I HAVE to stay away from those tables.

OK, onto the hand of the day from the BB.

Villain is 43/19/15 over 50 hands who has stolen blind 100% which of course in this sample size is only twice.

Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 Pot Limit Hold'em - 8 players - http://www.thehandconverter.com/hands/287656
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $202.00
MP1: $98.50
MP2: $103.65
CO: $107.85
BTN: $117.75
SB: $103.05
Hero (BB): $100.00
UTG: $105.50

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BB with Qh Jh
2 folds, MP1 raises to $3, 3 folds, SB calls $2.50, Hero calls $2

Flop: ($9.00) 6h 9d Ts (3 players)
SB bets $6, Hero calls $6, MP1 raises to $12, SB folds, Hero calls $6

Turn: ($39.00) Js (2 players)
Hero checks, MP1 bets $19.50, Hero calls $19.50

River: ($78.00) 3d (2 players)
Hero checks, MP1 bets $64 all in, Hero ???

Obviously, my decision has to be made on the turn; but what is your decision process on the hand even starting with preflop.

Have a nice day!!!

No comments:

Who links to my website?