Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Murphy's Law

Yep, not a good session so I'm going to keep this short and sweet... more like short and sour. The condtions were unbelievably good last night; but the cards didn't play along.

In the 1K.. I rebought 3 times and was out before the break... The last hand, with AT on the button, I raise... get called... T high flop.. and I bet out... get raised and reraise all in... Turns out that he was a flush draw... and got it... Can you believe somebody would commit almost all of their chips on a flush draw? Crazy... oh wait a minute... something is coming back to me... Oh yeh, I did it yesterday.. Oh well.. at least for today.. .what can go wrong is going wrong.

Then in ring play... any cards I got were not good enough... No aces... 1-4 with Kings... 0-3 with Queens... etc, etc.. I won't bore you with the details.

Everytime I have a session like this, I promise to myself that I'm going to set loss limits... which I've always said should be between 400-600. So I'm going to toy with that again. The thing is that tables were really good. For example, on 2 occasions, I got called down with people with just K high or pkt 2s. I guess it worked out for them as they raked in the pot... but imagine being check raised and then still calling down the turn and river with just K high or pkt 2s.

Oh well... I'll live to fight another day... Mr Murphy gave me a good kick in the junk; but I'll try to bounce back..

3 comments:

GaryC said...

Good tables are indeed hard to walk away from, even if you are down. Mostly because you know you can make it back up because of the looseness of the tables.

I've never set a stop/loss number of my own, it just seems to hit me in the head at some point. Leave, moron.

Stay at it, it will turn around, you know this.

BTW, you missed a quality 2 hours of entertainment on UB and AIM last night.

GaryC

WillWonka said...

I could have used some good entertainment last night.

It usually does turn around. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing when dropping $640 doesn't really phase me (because I know that is part of playing poker).

HighOnPoker said...

Hey Will. I find that switching rooms is key once I'm on a losing streak, so that players don't see you as a loser and continue to play at you even with their inferior hands (which they always seem to catch up with on the turn or river).

I like the fact that you aren't phased though. It's part of the game...the hardest part really.

Who links to my website?