Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Murphy's Law

Yep, not a good session so I'm going to keep this short and sweet... more like short and sour. The condtions were unbelievably good last night; but the cards didn't play along.

In the 1K.. I rebought 3 times and was out before the break... The last hand, with AT on the button, I raise... get called... T high flop.. and I bet out... get raised and reraise all in... Turns out that he was a flush draw... and got it... Can you believe somebody would commit almost all of their chips on a flush draw? Crazy... oh wait a minute... something is coming back to me... Oh yeh, I did it yesterday.. Oh well.. at least for today.. .what can go wrong is going wrong.

Then in ring play... any cards I got were not good enough... No aces... 1-4 with Kings... 0-3 with Queens... etc, etc.. I won't bore you with the details.

Everytime I have a session like this, I promise to myself that I'm going to set loss limits... which I've always said should be between 400-600. So I'm going to toy with that again. The thing is that tables were really good. For example, on 2 occasions, I got called down with people with just K high or pkt 2s. I guess it worked out for them as they raked in the pot... but imagine being check raised and then still calling down the turn and river with just K high or pkt 2s.

Oh well... I'll live to fight another day... Mr Murphy gave me a good kick in the junk; but I'll try to bounce back..

2 comments:

WillWonka said...

I could have used some good entertainment last night.

It usually does turn around. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing when dropping $640 doesn't really phase me (because I know that is part of playing poker).

Jordan said...

Hey Will. I find that switching rooms is key once I'm on a losing streak, so that players don't see you as a loser and continue to play at you even with their inferior hands (which they always seem to catch up with on the turn or river).

I like the fact that you aren't phased though. It's part of the game...the hardest part really.

Who links to my website?